PLU scones have been on the menu for more than 20 years. Their warm, fresh-from-the-oven appeal have made them a symbol of our unique approach to hospitality on campus.
We hope you enjoy your own homemade PLU Scones. They’re best enjoyed with butter, jam and some friends.
Make sure to share a photo of your scones using #GoLutes!
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (chilled)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoons vanilla
Prep 15 minutes | Cook 15 minutes | Serves 24
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients and whisk them together.
- Cut in the butter (you may add extras such as white chocolate chips and dried apricots now).
- In a separate bowl, stir together the cream, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry and work only until moistened.
- Place the dough onto a well-floured work surface and knead very lightly.
- Divide into 6-inch discs that are 1-inch thick. Cut into 4 wedges and place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 325º F for 12-15 minutes.