Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from the PLU Advancement Team!
In the spirit of the holiday season, we celebrate and thank you for your loyal support of student success. Pacific Lutheran University is stronger and more vibrant than ever because of the generosity of our Lute family.
As we prepare for the holidays at PLU, we would like to provide you with ways to make your year-end gift and our office hours for the remainder of December. We know how busy you are this time of year, so we hope you find this information helpful to meet important tax deadlines.
PLU Advancement Office Hours:
- Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- December 24-25: Closed for Christmas Holiday
- December 26-31: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (By phone 253.535.7177 or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
All 2017 gifts, including online or credit card gifts, stock or other appreciated securities, must be received by PLU by December 31, 2017 to be included in your year-end tax summary. The only exception is the receipt of checks via mail that are postmarked on or before December 31, 2017. We will mail a gift receipt to you; please keep your receipts for tax purposes.
Please remember that we are here to answer your questions about giving and want to make your giving experience meaningful for you and our students.
We wish you and your family a joyous holiday and best wishes in the New Year!
Ways to Make a Gift
- Call the Advancement Office: 253.535.7177
- Visit our office: 3rd Floor, Martin J. Neeb Center, 12501 Park Ave S, Tacoma, WA 98447
- Make a gift online anytime: plu.edu/givetoplu
- Mail a check, payable to PLU: Office of Advancement, Pacific Lutheran University, 12180 Park Ave S, Tacoma, WA 98447
- Electronic fund transfers (wire or ACH) will be accepted into PLU’s bank account during the closure period.
Gifts of Appreciated Securities or Retirement Assets
Contact Doug Page at 253.535.8488 or email@example.com with questions regarding gifts of Appreciated Securities or Retirement Assets.
- Information about gifts of stock or appreciated securities can be found here.
- IRA Charitable Rollover gifts allow you to make a gift directly to a qualified charity such as Pacific Lutheran University, without paying income taxes on the money. This sample letter can be sent to your IRA administrator to request a transfer.