Priority applications due March 1. All other applications will be reviewed on a space available basis though May 1.
Pacific Lutheran University is pleased to offer an extensive, 23-credit course of study for teachers seeking to add an endorsement during the summer months. The program includes:
- Blended learning model
- Online in real time (synchronous) + Instruction Modules (asynchronous).
- 24-7 access to Summer Endorsements curriculum and support materials through specific online tools.
- Calendar, class schedules, and tuition designed to meet the needs of practicing educators.
- Check out “Quick Links” for Endorsement offerings and information, Program and Course Schedule, Cost, and the Application Process.
Choose Your Endorsement:
Important Time Requirements to Consider: This rigorous program is designed to complete the endorsement coursework in one summer. Participants will be expected to be in class and/or working on class assignments every day of the program. Class meetings will be held in the evenings and on Saturdays until K-12 schools are done for the summer and then class meetings will be held during the day. In order to complete the Pedagogy Assessment, participants will be required to participate in an on-site Summer School or Extended School Year program with a local school district. Placement in a Summer School or ESY will be scheduled through PLU. Looking for other endorsements? Visit our Add-On Endorsement page.
The Professional Educator Standards Board is currently providing a $3000 Retooling Scholarships for high need endorsement areas. Endorsement areas include Special Education, English Language Learner, Mathematics, and Science. Should you intend to apply for the $3000 Retooling Scholarship, the application may be accessed here.
To apply for the Retooling Scholarship candidates will need to complete three pieces:
1. A promissory note: this serves as the scholarship application
2. A letter of support from your district & supporting evidence
3. A program budget (readily available from PLU upon request)