CS-STEM Teacher Candidate
STEM majors in their final year of their undergraduate program or individuals who have already earned a bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline are who are interested in pursuing a teaching career in middle school or high school are encouraged to apply to be a CS-STEM Teacher Candidate.
CS-STEM Teacher Candidates are provided with:
- Placement in classrooms with expert STEM teachers during their time in the PLU Masters in Education (MAE) program
- Support in developing their abilities to teach in culturally sustaining ways through monthly CS-STEM Equity Seminars
- Induction support for their first two years of teaching after graduation
- A stipend of up to $21,700 for the PLU MAE program
CS-STEM Teacher Candidates are committed to:
- Teaching science or mathematics in a middle school or high school in a high-need school district for 2 years after completion of the Masters program
- Addressing education inequities
- Learning to teach in culturally sustaining ways
- Being a member of a cohort
Submit a completed application to study in the PLU MAE program and complete the CS-STEM Teacher Candidate Application using the link below. The CS-STEM Teacher Candidate Application is due by March 8, 2021.
Candidates will have an interview. Those selected as CS-STEM Teacher Candidates will sign an MOU/contract.
Applicants must have earned an Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field and earn a Master’s Degree through the PLU MAE program with a science or mathematics endorsement. Applicants must be US citizens or nationals, or permanent residents. Consideration will be given to financial need and to candidates from backgrounds underrepresented in teaching.