What is ASC?
The Administrative Staff Council (ASC) is an elected group representing the staff and administrators of Pacific Lutheran University. Staff and administrator representatives are elected by their own departments and represent each major division on campus. Making PLU a University of the first rank is a worthy goal and has our commitment. Likewise, making PLU an employer of the first rank is equally important. ASC contributes to this goal by:
- Advocating for PLU staff and administrative employees.
- Providing a forum for sharing ideas and addressing concerns.
- Reporting on key issues and making recommendations to Human Resources and the President’s Council.
- Sitting on important campus committees, including budget planning, long range planning, benefits, and more.
- Helping organize annual events to support the PLU and local communities.
ASC strives to be a proactive voice on issues of concern to staff and administrators. We hope that you will participate by contacting ASC or talking with your representative if you have questions, concerns, or suggestions regarding your experience as a PLU employee.