Student Services

Refund Information

Direct Deposit forms must be completed online, printed and submitted to the PLU Business Office, Hauge Bldg, Room 110. (No handwritten forms accepted)

Parents: The refund can only be payable to the borrowing parent if you have a Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan. Only the borrowing parent can set up the Direct Deposit (ACH) into their bank account. You indicated your preference on who to make the check payable (i.e. to Parent or to Student) on the PLUS loan application. To make changes to who the refund is to be payable to, complete and submit Parent Federal Title IV Proceeds Authorization form found on the Financial Aid webpage under Documents and Forms.

A Refund Request form is required for each refund of excess funds.

Credit Balance Refund

If you have an credit balance, or excess funds on your account then you may request a refund at anytime. Refunds are generated by a Refund Request Form. Refunds are processed weekly and can be picked up in the Student Services Center with picture ID or mailed to your permanent address.

NOTE: The refunds for each semester are stated below. Financial Aid will disburse to your student account after the 10th day from the beginning of a semester, provided all requirements for aid are completed. It is the student responsibility to prepare for their living expenses before their refund is available.

  • 2015 Summer Refund date begins Friday, June 19th
  • 2015 Fall Refund date begins Friday, October 2nd
  • 2016 Spring Refund date begins Friday, March 4th

Refunds will be processed weekly. All forms submitted to the Student Services Center by 4:00pm on Tuesday will be available that Friday.

How to see if your refund is ready

Go to your Banner Self-Service account. If you see a Refund on your account by Thursday, then your refund would be available by Friday.

If you have Monthly Payments with Tuition Management Systems (TMS)

Students contracted with Tuition Management Systems (TMS), may occasionally see a credit balance on their PLU student account.  This can occur because the contracted amount for each term/semester is credited to the student account as a lump sum for the semester and not each monthly payment.  A refund cannot be processed until all payments have been made for the semester. You can view the status of your payments by checking with TMS online or calling (888) 713-7234.

Title IV Federal Proceeds Refund

The Title IV Federal Proceeds Authorization allows for payment of charges such as book advances, interest charges, library charges, parking, health services charges, etc from your Federal proceeds.  If this authorization is not signed only tuition, class fees, room & meals are covered.

If an account credit balance results from Federal proceeds and the Title IV Federal Proceeds Authorization has not been signed, the student is responsible for any charges not covered by the Federal funds.  These may include, book advances, interest charges, library fines, parking, and other additional charges that may occur on your student account.

If an Employer or other Agency pays your tuition or expenses - Third Party Payees

If you have an agency that pays all or part of your PLU expenses, they are considered a Third Party Payee. The Third Party is not billed for your expenses until after the tenth day of classes in a semester you are registered. The credit balance displayed on your student account will not be available until after the Third Party pays the university.