PLU’s Fixed Tuition Guarantee
On October 14, 2021, PLU announced a Fixed Tuition Guarantee that will ensure tuition for the 2022-23 incoming class of first-year and transfer students remains the same throughout their undergraduate years at PLU. Undergraduate students starting at PLU at any point during the 2022-23 academic year will lock in a fixed annual tuition rate of $49,472.
Students currently enrolled at PLU will also benefit from this initiative. Our cost of tuition is currently below the Fixed Tuition Guarantee rate, and at no time will the tuition for current students ever exceed that rate. In other words, while current students will experience tuition increases over the next two years, PLU guarantees that their tuition rate will not exceed $49,472. Once tuition for current students reaches this figure, it will remain the same for the remainder of their undergraduate years at PLU.
The 2022-23 tuition rate for current students will be below that of next year’s incoming class, and it will be announced at a later date. However, we wanted to make sure that current students and families were aware that they were considered and included in the Fixed Tuition Guarantee initiative. If you have additional questions, please see the FAQs below.
- I will graduate from PLU before tuition reaches $49,742. How does the Fixed Tuition Guarantee benefit me?
The Fixed Tuition Guarantee ensures that your tuition will remain below that of next year’s incoming class. You may also be eligible for the PLUS Year, an option that was not made available to students who started at PLU after the 2020-21 academic year.
- Will the Fixed Tuition Guarantee impact my eligibility for the PLUS Year?
No. More information about PLUS Year eligibility can be found here.
- Will fees and room & board also be fixed?
No. These could continue to increase gradually based on market factors. Our room and board pricing continues to be the most affordable in the State.
- Does this apply to current transfer students as well?
- What if I withdraw and then re-enter at a later date. Will I still be eligible for the Fixed Tuition Guarantee?
As long as you re-enter within seven years of the catalog year of your academic program, then you will still be eligible for the Fixed Tuition Guarantee.
- Will the Fixed Tuition Guarantee impact my financial aid eligibility?
No. Provided you maintain satisfactory academic progress and your family’s financial situation does not change, your financial aid eligibility from year to year should remain stable.
- Will new fees be added or existing fees substantially increased to cover the cost of providing a Fixed Tuition Guarantee?
No. Decisions about annual increases to fees as well as room and meals will be made independently of the Fixed Tuition Guarantee.
- Will the tuition guarantee also apply to graduate programs?
No. The tuition guarantee only applies to undergraduate students. More information about graduate programs can be found here.