Technology & Innovation Management
University in Taiwan (2004-05 and 2011-12). Dr. Lee also serves as a Research Associate in the Institute of Knowledge Service and Innovation (www.iksi.org.tw) at Yuan Ze University. Prior to his current position, he was a faculty research associate in the Center for Advanced Life Cycle Engineering (CALCE) at the University of Maryland in College Park, Maryland. His research has appeared in journals such as the Technovation, Research Technology Management, Technology Analysis and Strategic Management, Internet Research, International Journal of Services Technology and Management, Competitiveness Review, Journal of International Technology and Information Management, and the International Journal of Technology Transfer and Commercialization. Dr. Lee is a member of the editorial board of the International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management (World Scientific Publishing) and the Competitiveness Review: An International Business Journal (Emerald Group Publishing Limited, UK) and the chief guest editor for the special issue on Regional Clusters and Global Competitiveness. Dr. Lee received numerous excellence in teaching, research, and service awards from both Pacific Lutheran University and the international academic community. Dr. Lee earned his B.A. from National Taiwan University (1980), M.A. (Economics) from University of Maryland(1985), and D.Sc. (Engineering & Technology Management) from The George Washington University (1997).
Dr. Lee is the recipient of the following awards:
1. Wells Fargo Award for Excellence in Teaching. School of Business, Pacific Lutheran
University. Academic Year 2009-2010.
2. Emerald Management Reviews Citation of Excellence. “The DNA of Industrial
Competitors” (co-authored with Dr. Jonathan C. Ho), Research Technology
Management 51(4). The paper has been selected as one of the 50 best articles published
in 2008 in management. The award ceremony was held at the Academy of Management
annual conference on August 12, 2009 in Chicago, IL (http://info.emeraldinsight.com/
3. Regency Advancement Award. Pacific Lutheran University. Academic Year 2009-2010.
4. Highly Commended Award (Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence) for the
article “Strategic development of network clusters: A study of high technology regional
development and global competitiveness” in Competitiveness Review, 2009.
5. Distinguished Research Award, Allied Academies of International Conference, Reno,
NV. 18-20, October 2006.
6. K. T. Tang Faculty Excellence Award in Research, Pacific Lutheran University,
Academic Year 2005-2006.
7. Top 50 Most Downloaded Articles award, 2005. Emerald Literati Network An
analytical framework for evaluating e-commerce business models and strategies”,
Internet Research: Electronic Networking Applications and Policy, 11(4), 2001.
8. Research Award. School of Business, Pacific Lutheran University, Academic Year
2002-2003, 2005-2006, and 2008-09.
9. Faculty Grant Award (with Dr. Eli Berniker), Wang Center for International Programs,
Pacific Lutheran University, Academic Year, 2004-05.
10.Dean’s Award for Service. School of Business, Pacific Lutheran University, Academic
11. Faculty Teaching Award. Center for Teaching and Learning, Pacific Lutheran
University. Academic Year 2001-2002.
12. Highly Commended Award. The Literati Club, The Association for Emerald Editors and
13.Wells Fargo Award for Excellence in Teaching. School of Business, Pacific Lutheran
University. Academic Year 2000-2001.
14. Best Academic Paper Award. Second World Congress on the Management of
Electronic Commerce. Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. 17-19 January 2001.
15. Regency Advancement Award. Pacific Lutheran University. Academic Year 2001-2002.
16. Excellence in Teaching Award. School of Business, Pacific Lutheran University.
Academic Year 1999-2000.