Public Relations Director
- Encourage increased awareness of PLU student media through creative advertising and promotions.
- Attend weekly cross-platform meetings to stay informed about student media happenings and advise editors and general managers on how to effectively collaborate and promote their content.
- Be available to meet with Media Board editors and general managers on an individual basis to assist them in creating creative and effective promotional materials for their publications/productions, projects and events.
- Maintain open communication with Associated Students of Pacific Lutheran University (ASPLU) and Residence Hall Association (RHA) through regular contact with their Public Relations Directors.
- Work with the Assistant Director for Technology and Social Media to regularly maintain the student media common website with up-to-date news, creative content, information on events and programming, and staff profiles in a professional style and manner.
- Maintain the student media common Facebook page with up-to-date news, creative content, and information on events and programming in a professional style and manner.
- Serve as a voting member on University Student Media Board and attend monthly Board meetings.
- Serve as the public face of PLU student media, as a representative for all of the students currently involved in student media, and perform all other duties as may devolve upon the position.
- Enroll in and successfully complete the 4-credit course Communication 427: Media and Leadership for Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 semesters.
- Serve as a voting member of USMB.
Be a student enrolled at PLU full time (twelve credit hours or more) at the time of selection with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher. Be enrolled for a minimum of twelve semester hours and maintain a 2.5 grade point average or higher during tenure in office. Have demonstrated past ability to provide leadership and use sound judgment.