Doctor of Nursing Practice
Graduate College of Health Professions
The DNP program is designed for working nurses with a BSN or MSN seeking a terminal degree in advanced nursing practice.
The DNP Family Nurse Practitioner prepares nurses to manage direct care based on advanced assessment and diagnostic reasoning, and to incorporate health promotion and disease prevention interventions into health care delivery.
The DNP Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Prepares nurses to provide a wide range of psychiatric and mental health care services to individuals and families across the lifespan.
The DNP/MBA Nurse Executive program is designed for nurses with a MSN degree to earn the Doctor of Nursing Practice and Master of Business degrees simultaneously. This dual-degree program integrates coursework from both disciplines, allowing students to complete the requirements for both degrees in a streamlined manner.
Graduates are able to develop and evaluate quality within a health system, collaborate with inter-professional teams to improve health outcomes, and be leaders in the nursing profession.
Areas of Specialization:
- Family Nursing Practitioner (FNP)
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PHMNP)
- Nurse Executive (DNP/MBA)
- Excellent Reputation – A PLU nursing degree carries a long history in nursing and alumni network in WA and nationally.
- Relevant Curriculum – Informed by real world practice and meets all requirements for national certification.
- Supportive Cohort Model – All clinical placements are arranged by PLU faculty. Small cohorts ensure high quality learning experience.
- Flexible Schedule – Full or part time options are available.
It’s FREE to apply to PLU
When you're ready, we're here. Apply now and fulfill your potential!Get Started