Master of Science in Nursing
Graduate College of Health Professions
Ranked as one of the top 150 graduate nursing programs in the US by US News and World Report, the MSN program is designed to equip nurses with the knowledge and skills to lead change, promote health and elevate care in various roles and settings.
Entry-Level Master of Science in Nursing (ELMSN): This is for non-nurses with a degree in another field. The sequence of study recognizes the academic success of the non-nursing graduate by providing a focused immersion into nursing followed by graduate study.
BSN to MSN: This is for nurses with a BSN. This 15-month program builds upon the undergraduate degree in nursing to prepare students to provide quality, cost effective care in a defined context, to participate in the design and implementation of an evaluation and outcomes model, to assume a leadership role in managing health care resources, and to integrate clinical and evaluation competencies for care and outcomes management.
Areas of Specialization:
- Advanced Generalist
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- Excellent Reputation – A PLU nursing degree carries a long history in nursing and alumni network in WA and nationally.
- Relevant Curriculum – Informed by real world practice and meets all requirements for national certification.
- Rich preceptorships and clinical placements – All clinical placements are arranged by PLU faculty. All health care partners are carefully screened to ensure giving worthwhile experience for students.
- Supportive Cohort Model – Small cohorts ensure high quality learning experience.
- Community-based approach – This is a service-oriented program focuses heavily, at all levels, on underserved patients and treatment shortages. Students are placed in medically underserved areas for practicum.
Graduates from the last 5 years: Their jobs
PLU MSN graduates are nursing leaders and educators throughout the Puget Sound area, Washington and across the US. The MSN Care and Outcomes curriculum also prepares the graduate for PhD or DNP doctoral study.
It’s FREE to apply to PLU
When you're ready, we're here. Apply now and fulfill your potential!Get Started