For summer start (classes begin early June):
Priority deadline: December 1
Final deadline: January 15th
Available for: ELMSN, RN-B to MSN, BSN to MSN (all focus areas except for Nurse administrator), BSN to MSN/MBA dual degree
For fall start (classes begin early September):
Available for BSN- MSN/MBA dual degree and BSN to MSN Nurse Administrator focus only.
Applications are accepted at any time during the year, however, application by the priority deadline will enhance applicants’ potential for admission and for arranging financial assistance. Applications are not reviewed until after the application deadline. Applications received after the priority deadline may be accepted on a space-available basis.
How to Apply
STEP ONE – Apply online via NursingCAS
- Create your application account via the online application portal (preferred browsers are Google Chrome or Firefox)
- Select the following items to start
- Term – The term when you plan to begin the program
- Institution – Pacific Lutheran University
- Program – the nursing program you are apply for
- Complete all required application questions.
- Complete Nursing licensure information and questions
- Provide two references via the online application portal.
- This will send an email notification to your recommenders to follow a link and submit their letters of recommendation. References may be academic or professional.
- Upload professional resume
- Upload statement of professional goals:
- Please compose a formal essay (max 5000 characters) about your educational and professional goals in nursing as they relate to the MSN program and its outcomes.
- Pay the nonrefundable application processing fee.
STEP TWO – Submit official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended to NursingCAS
- Official transcripts are required to be mailed directly to NursingCAS by the issuing institution’s registrar’s office at the address below
P.O. Box 9201
Watertown, MA 02471
- Have the registrar include the Transcript Request Form which you can download in the Academic History section on your application.
- PLU graduates also need to submit PLU transcripts to NursingCAS.
- Electronical transcripts are only accepted from Credentials Solutions and Parchment. If your school does not offer either of these services, your transcript must be sent by mail.
STEP THREE – Schedule to take GRE
- Request scores report be sent to NursingCAS directly from the testing institution. Our institution code for NursingCAS is 2346.
STEP FOUR – Background Check (if admission is offered)
- This is not a part of the online application. You will be invited to complete the background check via CastleBranch if admission is offered. School of Nursing will provide you the instructions at that time.
Additional Materials for International Applicants:
In addition to the documents listed in the above sections, please also submit the following materials:
- International transcripts Evaluation – Transcripts from institutions outside the US must be evaluated by one of the following two agencies for course-by-course conversion and an overall GPA calculation.
- Evaluation report along with the certified copy of your transcripts must be mailed directly to NursingCAS by the evaluation agency.
- World Education Services (WES) – Select the WES ICAP package
- SpanTran – Select the Course Analysis (GPA included) service type. Click this link to download the Request Form for PLU and email to SpanTran.
- English translation is also required if the documents are in a language other than English. Translation must be provided by recognized translation services.
- Proof of English proficiency
- Submit official TOEFL or IELTS score report through NursingCAS. Score requirements can be found here.
In order to be sent a form I-20, admitted international students must:
- Pay the enrollment deposit (if admitted)
- Submit a Passport picture page
- Submit the Declaration of Finance form and Proof of financial support dated within 12 months. English translation is required if the documents are not issued in English.
Online Application Technical Support
If you or your recommenders have any questions or technical problems with the online application portal and recommendation process, status, navigation, missing credentials, etc., please contact NursingCAS Customer Service at: (617) 612-2880 or email@example.com