IMPORTANT: Applications are now processed through NursingCAS. Please submit your application sooner as NursingCAS requires as much as 4 weeks to review applications for completion. Official transcripts must be submitted to NursingCAS directly.
For summer start (classes begin mid-June):
Priority deadline: December 1
Final deadline: January 15th
Available for: ELMSN, RN-B to MSN, BSN to MSN (all focus areas except for Nurse administrator), BSN to MSN/MBA dual degree
For fall start (classes begin early September):
Available for BSN- MSN/MBA dual degree and BSN to MSN Nurse Administrator focus only.
Applications are accepted at any time during the year, however, application by the priority deadline will enhance applicants’ potential for admission and for arranging financial assistance. Applications are not reviewed until after the application deadline. Applications received after the priority deadline may be accepted on a space-available basis.
How to Apply
Create an account on www.nursingcas.org and complete all required sections, including the following.
Please note that all official transcripts and other materials (except GRE) must be submitted to NursingCAS directly.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Professional resume
- Statement of Professional goals
- Please compose a formal essay (max 5000 characters) about your educational and professional goals in nursing as they relate to the MSN program and its outcomes.
- Nursing licensure information and questions
- Official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities (past and present)
- Students applying with degrees from institutions outside the US must submit a course-by-course evaluation for US degree equivalency by a PLU approved evaluation service. Two approved providers are Foreign Credential Translation and Evaluation Services (FIS) and World Education Services (WES). Since NursingCAS does not take transcripts from institutions outside the US, please submit the official transcript to PLU while submitting the evaluation report to NursingCAS.
- GRE scores: Have scores sent to PLU directly from the testing institution. Our institution code is 4597.
- Background check via CastleBranch
In addition to the above listed application requirements, international students must :
- Submit official TOEFL or IELTS score report through NursingCAS. Score requirements can be found here.
- Submit a copy of your Passport picture page
In order to be sent a form I-20, admitted international students must:
- Pay the enrollment deposit
- Submit the Declaration of Finance form and Proof of financial support