Associate Professor of Geosciences
Office Location: Rieke Science Center - 140
- Ph.D., Geology, University of Minnesota, 2008
- M.S., Geology and Geophysics, University of Massachusetts, 2003
- B.S., Geology and Geophysics, University of Wisconsin, 1998
Areas of Emphasis or Expertise
- Metamorphic Petrology
- Mineral Chemistry and Microstructure
- Structural Geology and Tectonics
I graduated in the spring of 2008 from the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities with a Ph.D. in Geology and Geophysics under the direction of Dr. Donna L. Whitney on lawsonite eclogite and blueschist exposures in west-central Turkey.
My masters, from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst 2003, was carried out under the direction of Dr. Michael L. Williams on mesoproterozoic mid-crustal rocks in northern New Mexico.
My undergraduate is from the University of Wisconsin, Madison where I worked as closely as an undergraduate can to Dr. Gordon Medaris on the Precambrian evolution of the Great Lakes region.
- Metal and Stone Work
- The music component ranges from jazz through new wave into noise rock.