- Associate Professor of Music
- University Chorale Conductor
- University Singers Conductor
- D.M.A., Choral Conducting, University of North Texas, 2008
- M.M., Louisiana State University, 1999
- B.M.E., Louisiana State University, 1997
Areas of Emphasis or Expertise
- Choral Music Education
- Voice Science and Pedagogy
Conductor of Chorale, University Singers, Chamber Singers. Teaches Secondary Choral Methods, Secondary Choral Materials, and Vocal Pedagogy.
- American Choral Directors Association NW Division Conference, Strength, Balance, Core - The Benefits of Pilates for the Choral Conductor, Seattle (March 2012)
- American Choral Directors Association National Conference, Tension in the Balance? - Common Voice Science Issues for the Choral Conductor, Oklahoma City (March 2009)
- Becoming the Choral Poet VI, UNT Summer Choral Workshop, The Acoustical, Perceptual and Physiological Effects of Vocal Vibrato, Denton, TX (July 2006)
- Texas Music Educators Association Annual Clinic and Conference, Tension in the Balance? - Common Sense Voice Science Issues for the Choral Conductor, San Antonio, TX (February 2007)
- Galante, Brian. "Vibrato and Choral Acoustics: Common Voice Science Issues for the Choral Conductor." Choral Journal Vol. 51, February 2011: 67-75.
- Recipient of The Love of Learning Award, from The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
- Recipient of multiple ASCAP Plus awards
- American Choral Directors Association (ACDA)
- American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP)
- College Music Society (CMS)
- National Collegiate Choral Organization (NCCO)
- The National Association for Music Education (NAfME)
- Washington Music Educators Association (WMEA)
- Washington ACDA
Brian Galante is Associate Director of Choral Activities at PLU. He conducts the Chorale, University Singers (Women’s Chorus) and Chamber Singers. He also teaches undergraduate courses in Vocal Pedagogy for the Choral Music Educator, Choral Methods, and Choral Literature.
Dr. Galante received the Doctor of Musical Arts degree in Choral Conducting, with a related field in Voice Science and Pedagogy, from the University of North Texas. He holds Master of Music and Bachelor of Music Education degrees from Louisiana State University. Previous choral appointments include Visiting Associate Director of Choral Studies at Louisiana State University; Conductor of the UNT Men’s Chorus and Conducting Associate of the UNT A Cappella Choir; Director of Choral Music/Coordinator of K-12 Music at Highland Park High School, Dallas, Texas; Director of Choirs at Episcopal High School and Director of Music at St. Louis King of France Catholic Church, both in Baton Rouge.
Choirs under Galante’s direction have offered invitational performances in Carnegie Hall and Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center, New York; the Meyerson Symphony Center, Dallas; Notre Dame Cathedral and Sacre Coeur, Paris; the 2010 Washington Music Educators Association conference; the 2011 Northwest MENC Conference; and the 2012 Northwest Division ACDA Conference.
In addition, Dr. Galante continues to find success and acclaim as a composer and arranger. His compositions are published by GalanteMusic, Walton and Colla Voce Music, have been performed by professional, collegiate, and advanced high school choirs throughout the United States and Europe, and recorded for commercial release by Centaur Records, MSR Classic, and PLU Media. He is the recipient of multiple ASCAP Plus awards, and recently returned to the Taylor Festival Choir (Charleston, SC) as composer-in-residence.
ACDA Interest Session Preview
Performance of Mendelssohn's "Jauchzet dem Herrn" at the NW ACDA Conference
Performance of Exsultate