Here are some alternative resources and sites that the DSS feels would help support our vision to provide students with positive and reasonable accommodations in accordance with ADA guidelines.
- Office of Civil Rights OCR – Information on disability rights, case law and resources for any disability grievances
- Association on Higher Education and Disability AHEAD – News, articles and standards of practice for students, parents, faculty and DSS professionals
- Disabilities, Opportunities, Internet-working and Technology DO-IT University of Washington program designed to help students with disability with college readiness
- Washington State Department of Veteran’s Affairs Provides many different services for veterans such as counseling, employment support and assistance with higher education
- Washington State Department of Vocational Rehabilitation Can help persons with disabilities find employment and assistance with higher education
- Universal Design Can help faculty set up virtual and physical spaces in a way that is accessible to all