- M.Ed., Student Development Administration, Seattle University
- B.A., French and International Affairs, University of Puget Sound
Immigration specialist and current student advisor.
- Association of WA International Student Affairs (AWISA) Winter Conference, Enhancing Cultural Competence Through Game Play, Renton, Washington (January 2019)
- NAFSA Tri-Regional Conference, International Student Retention: National Trends and Examples from the Field, Denver, Colorado (November 2017)
- NAFSA Region I Conference, Flying solo: Challenges, opportunities and strategies for small/one-person offices, Anchorage, Alaska (October 2016)
- NAFSA Region I Conference, Not 'If' But 'When': Crisis Management for International Student Service Offices, Boise, Idaho (October 2015)
- NAFSA Bi-Regional Conference, Bridging the Gap: Programming to help domestic and international students connect and develop intercultural competence, Portland, Oregon (November 2014)
- NAFSA Annual Conference, What Will You Gain? How Technology and Social Media Tools Made Our Lives Easier and Can Help You Too, San Diego, California (May 2014)
- Jacobson, H. and Shuyler, K.. "Student perceptions of academic and social effects of working in a university library." Reference Services Review 2013:
What do you like about living in the Northwest?
I love the natural beauty of the Northwest, and there is so much you can experience here! Ocean beaches, evergreen forests, and mountains are all within driving distance of PLU. What more could you ask for?
What’s one thing every prospective PLU student should know?
At PLU you’ll find a beautiful campus, a friendly community of faculty and staff, and students who are excited to learn and discover their passion. If you can, come visit campus, talk with current students, or meet with your admission counselor and see if PLU is right for you!