Darwin Day 2020
Feb 12th, 4-5PM, Rieke 1st Floor Lobby
Help the Biology Department Celebrate!
Darwin Day honors scientific inquiry, persistence, and curiosity. Held every February 12th – marking the birth of Charles Darwin on that day in 1809 – universities and scientific communities around the world commemorate the impact of Darwin’s work, celebrate the interaction of scientific disciplines, and encourage and inspire everyone to get involved in science.
The Biology Department will celebrate Darwin Day with science-themed food and events – we’d love to have you join us!
- Explore plant and animal specimens from our natural science collections
- Ask real-live biologists your questions
- Play games and win prizes
- Take photos with a life-sized Darwin
- Enjoy a slice of cake for Darwin’s birthday
- Pick up some free science-themed Valentine’s Day cards