Darwin Day 2024
Feb 12th, 10:30-11:30AM, Rieke 1st Floor Lobby
Help the Biology Department Celebrate!
Darwin Day honors scientific inquiry, persistence, and curiosity. Held every February 12th – marking the birth of Charles Darwin on that day in 1809 – universities and scientific communities around the world commemorate the impact of Darwin’s work, celebrate the interaction of scientific disciplines, and encourage and inspire everyone to get involved in science.
The Biology & Psychology Departments will celebrate Darwin Day with science-themed activities – we’d love to have you join us!
- Explore plant and animal specimens from our natural science collections
- Learn about the evolution of plants, animals, and language
- Play a natural selection game
- Ask real-live biologists and psychologists your questions
- Enjoy a slice of cake for Darwin’s birthday
- Pick up some free science-themed Valentine’s Day cards