Biology Department Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the following key biological concepts.
- diversity of life evolved from a common ancestor over time by processes of mutation, selection, and genetic change.
- Structure and function are related at all levels of organization.
- The growth and behavior of organisms are regulated through the expression of genetic information in context.
- Biological systems are governed by the laws of thermodynamics and chemical transformation pathways.
- Living systems are interconnected and interacting.
- Students will apply the process of science to ask and answer questions based on evidentiary support.
- Students will communicate effectively in written and oral forms.
Updated December 2018.