Professor of Biology
Office Location:Rieke Science Center - Room 154
Office Hours: (On Campus) Mon: 11:00 am - 1:00 pm (On Campus) Thu: 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm (On Campus) Mon - Fri: By Appointment
- Ph.D., Microbiology, Washington State University, 2003
- B.A. with Honors, Biology, Alverno College, 1996
Areas of Emphasis or Expertise
- Student Metacognition and Learning
- Self-Regulated Learning
- Siegesmund, Amy. "Increasing Student Metacognition and Learning through Classroom-Based Learning Communities and Self-Assessment." American Society for Microbiology Vol. 17, 2016: 204-214.
- Siegesmund, Amy. "Teaching Epidemiology and Principles of Infectious Disease using Popular Media and the case of Typhoid Mary." Course Source Vol. 3, 2016: 1-4.
- American Society for Microbiology Carski Award for Undergraduate Education 2023
- Pacific Lutheran University Diversity Center Spirit of Diversity Award in Mentoring 2020
- 2019-2020 Faculty Excellence Award in Service, PLU
- 2014-2015 Faculty Excellence Award in Teaching, PLU