- Ph.D., Microbiology, Washington State University, 2003
- B.A. with Honors, Biology, Alverno College, 1996
Areas of Emphasis or Expertise
- Bacterial pathogenesis
- Student Metacognition and Learning
- Self-Regulated Learning
- Siegesmund, Amy. "Increasing Student Metacognition and Learning through Classroom-Based Learning Communities and Self-Assessment." American Society for Microbiology Vol. 17, 2016: 204-214.
- Siegesmund, Amy. "Teaching Epidemiology and Principles of Infectious Disease using Popular Media and the case of Typhoid Mary." Course Source Vol. 3, 2016: 1-4.
- 2014-2015 Faculty Excellence Award in Teaching, PLU