PSNS Entry-Level Chemist Job Opportunity
Puget Sound Naval Shipyard
The Analytical Chemistry Branch of the Laboratory Division at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Bremerton is advertising an entry-level chemist position available to recent, or soon-to-be, chemistry program graduates. The laboratory team is comprised of 39 enthusiastic and dedicated professionals who support the US Navy and its essential mission by providing chemistry and metallurgy services needed during ship maintenance, repair, and modernization. They boast a work environment that is very positive, with a focus on personal growth and professional development and advancement. They are looking to hire one chemist with excellent interpersonal and laboratory skills who share their values of service, excellence, integrity, teamwork, and ingenuity.
The position is in the Waterfront Chemistry branch and will provide development opportunities and experience in the following:
· Instrumental Analysis: ICP-OES and MS, Arc-OES, Hg via CVAA, CN via amperometric detection, and more.
· Prepare, extract, and test a wide array of matrices to various procedures
· Evaluate and review data/procedures and produce detailed reports
· Facilitate corrective/preventative action procedures to minimize QC failures
· Troubleshoot equipment in order to resume critical work
· Establish quality control requirements outlined in ISO 17025
· Plan, organize, and direct the laboratory quality assurance program
· Review and evaluate results conducted under the quality assurance program
· Participate in proficiency and round robin studies to demonstrate competency
· Prepare summaries/reports for improving the quality assurance program
Interested applicants may apply through their website, or directly email their resume/CV, cover letter, and college transcripts (unofficial) to email@example.com by April 12th.