The Rieke Science Center supports students and programs with efficient teaching and research laboratories.
- 500 MHz Bruker solution and solid-state NMR with sample changer and five probes
- Asylum MFP-3D AFM
- Perkin Elmer NexION ICP-MS with autosampler and microwave digester
- Agilent GC/MS with autosampler
- Schimadzu Prep HPLC
- Schimadzu Analytical HPLC
- GPC with Wyatt detector
- Two Perkin Elmer FTIR Spectrometers
- Gamry 1010E potentiostat/galvanostat/ZRA
- Gamry Ref 600+ potentiostat/galvanostat/ZRA
- Two Raman Spectrometers
- Cary 5000 UV/VIS/NIR
- HP 8453 UV-vis absorbance spectrometer
- Aminco Bowman spectrofluorometer
- Glass Contour five solvent purification system
- Bruker inert atmosphere glove box
- Barnstead water purification system (18 MΩ-cm resistivity)
Chemistry Laboratory Safety at PLU
The PLU Chemistry Department has a safety program that allows for effective and safe work in our laboratories for students, staff, and faculty. Please visit the links below to understand and learn more about safety at PLU.
Thanks are extended to the PLU Chemistry Club for modeling the good and bad of personal protective equipment and other safety practices at PLU!