Cind M. Treser Memorial Student Scholarship Fund
The Cind M. Treser Memorial Student Scholarship program (formerly the Ed Pickett Memorial Student Scholarship) gives recognition to outstanding and deserving undergraduate students majoring in Environmental Health (or in an allied discipline) and who intend to take employment in the field of Environmental Health in Washington State upon completion of the baccalaureate degree requirements.
The scholarship will be presented in a special virtual WSEHA Annual Education Conference this spring. The scholarships will be awarded directly to the student and may be used by the student as he or she sees fit.
- Be enrolled in a program accredited by the National Environmental Health Science and Protection Accreditation Council (EHAC), or have a curriculum comparable to the model curriculum recommended by the EHAC. Substantial coursework is required in the following areas: biology & microbiology, organic & inorganic chemistry, epidemiology, biostatistics, and environmental health topics.
- Be a student member of WSEHA or become a member upon receipt of the scholarship. (Click here to access the WSEHA Membership Application.)
- Demonstrate his/her intent to become employed in the field of environmental health in Washington following graduation.
- Be willing to submit a photograph if awarded the scholarship.
- Intend to attend the WSEHA Annual Educational Conference to receive the scholarship award.
- Preference will be given to students in their junior year.
- US Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
- Student must fill out the Scholarship Application Form and submit a transcript.
- Adviser, or other qualified individual that can comment on the student’s academic performance, must complete the Scholarship Recommendation Form.
Number of Awards: varies
Award Amount: Varies
March 31, 2022