Criteria for External (Off-Campus) Projects
Applications from the community at-large for Center for Media Studies services and initiatives are collected twice each year, once in the Fall Semester and once in the Spring. The Fall Semester deadline is May 1 for consideration of projects that would begin as early as June 1, or as late as the following Fall. November 1 is the application deadline for projects that would begin in Spring Semester of the following calendar year.
Projects will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Consistency with the Center’s Mission and PLU’s Integrated Learning Objectives (ILOs).
- Consideration of existing projects already underway and/or previously approved for the proposed period of time during which the proposed project would occur.
- Availability of Center-oriented courses within PLU’s School of Arts + Communication (or other academic units) during the period(s) in which the project would be pursued.
- Availability of human resources (students and/or Center faculty) during the period(s) in which the project would be pursued.
- Likelihood of proposed project to offer students significant opportunities for learning, pre-professional growth and skill enhancements.
- Adequate capacities – financial, technological and otherwise – to ensure successful and timely completion of proposed projects.
For more information about the application process, or to propose a specific project for Center consideration, please contact Joanne Lisosky, Ph.D., (firstname.lastname@example.org), 253-535-7778. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.