Criteria for Internal (PLU) Projects Proposals
Applications for Internal (on-campus) Center project support are accepted twice each year, during the Fall and Spring semesters. May 1 is the deadline for Center support that would begin the following Fall. The application deadline for projects that would begin in the Spring Semester is November 1 of the previous year.
Consideration and acceptance of applications will be based on the following criteria:
- Consistency with the Center’s Mission and PLU’s Integrated Learning Objectives (ILOs)
- Consideration of existing projects already underway and/or previously approved for the proposed period of time during which the proposed project would occur.
- Availability of Center-oriented courses within SOAC (or other academic units) during the period in which the project would be pursued.
- Availability of human resources (students and/or Center faculty) during the period in which the proposed project would be pursued.
- Likelihood of proposed project to offer students significant opportunities for learning, pre-professional growth and skill enhancements.
- Adequate capacities – financial, technological and otherwise – to ensure successful and timely completion of proposed projects.
For more information about the application process, or to propose a specific project for Center consideration, please contact Joanne Lisosky, Ph.D., (email@example.com), 253-535-7778. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.