Global Experience, Local Address.
Located in the middle of upper campus, Hong International Hall is home to a unique living/learning community consisting of six language and global engagement houses: Chinese, French, German, Norwegian, Spanish, and the International Honors program. Hong is a hub for campus activities focused on language, culture and international issues. Hong Hall is known for its small, tight-knit community of students with zest for fun and learning. It is an incredibly welcoming hall that creates a supportive home and a hopeful environment, challenging residents to become fluent in languages and conversant with international issues.
Hong International Hall is for local, national, and international students.
Hong International Hall promotes global awareness though language immersion and cultural engagement. It’s the perfect place to live when getting ready to study away, and welcoming home to return to after the adventures of study away. Residents are fond of pointing out they get all the advantages of any other hall on campus, with the added fun of sharing the world with neighbors!
Hong International Hall promotes global awareness through immersive events and opportunities to engage with faculty and staff around cultural topics that permeate American borders. It’s the perfect place to live when getting ready to study away, and it’s a welcoming home to return to after each adventure. Residents are fond of pointing out that they get all the advantages of any other hall on campus, with the added fun of sharing the world with neighbors!
Hong Hall information
- Wi-Fi access throughout building
- A variety of rooms are available, including designed singles and doubles
- Two classrooms are located on the second floor of Hong. Roll out of bed and into class!
- Centralized laundry room
- Direct access to the Language Resource Center, including in-hall tutors and a language media center
- 2 fireplaces, often used for s’mores and fireside chats with professors and friends
- Other common amenities include kitchens, lounges, and study rooms
- Annual event: Hong Discoteca, a campus-wide dance party