Living on campus is an experience, not just an address!
At PLU, we don’t call our living facilities “dorms” – residence halls are so much more! PLU provides quality on-campus living and learning environments that encourage and enhance engagement in and enjoyment of your college experience. Residential students are supported academically and socially where they make their home on-campus so they can thrive holistically while at PLU. How? Through Learning Communities (LCs)!
Learning Communities (LCs) are a valuable component of the PLU experience. At PLU, every student who lives on-campus is part of an LC, by year at PLU (e.g., First Year Wings, New Transfer & Continuing Student Wings, or Upper Division Student Housing) and/or by theme (e.g., Diversity, Justice, & Sustainability [in Ordal], Community for Creative Expression [in Hinderlie], Women’s Empowerment & Gender Equity [in Harstad], Global Engagement [in Hong International Hall], Lavender Community [in Ordal], STEM House [in Tingelstad], Wellness House [in Tingelstad]). All first-year residents enroll in linked courses related to their LC, adding to the learning that happens in and beyond the classroom!
- Things to bring: All of the residence halls are very well equipped, but of course you will want to bring items that make your room feel like home. We have compiled a list of suggested items: Things to bring (please remember that these are suggestions only!).
- Room photos and floor plans: Residence hall rooms vary in size. We have floor plans and before/after pictures of our residence halls on their individual pages that are easily accessible through the quick links on the right side of each hall’s website; you can also check out the Residential Life Pinterest for inspiration!
- Roommates: We also encourage you to contact your roommate as soon as you learn of your roommate assignment to see what items you might want to share, in order to avoid doubling large items.
- Indoor Bike Storage
- Kitchen w/microwave(s)
- Postal Delivery & Pick Up
- Recycling Room
- Student Long-Term Storage
- Study and Central Lounges
- Vacuum Cleaners/Brooms
- Vending Machines
- Twin extra-long beds
- Desks and Desk Chairs
- Waste Can & Recycling Bins
- Linoleum Floor
- Pianos In Lounge
- Single-sex Restroom Facilities
- Laundry Facilities