About STEM House
A Community for the Scientifically Minded.
The STEM House is a community of students who are interested in engaging in conversations and activities about Science, Technology, Engineering, and/or Mathematics. This includes both those who intend to or are majoring in a STEM-related field as well as those who just love the sciences and want to remain immersed in a culture of like-interested students. The STEM House fosters an environment of curiosity and innovation.
Great For Students Who ...
- enjoy studying and/or talking about Science, Technology, Engineering, and/or Mathematics
- are considering a majoring and/or a career in STEM-related fields
- are willing to commit time to participating in community STEM-related activities
Program + Learning Outcomes
By participating in The STEM House, students will:
- engage in out-of-the-classroom STEM-related activities that support their own curiosity and learning
- be able to identify career opportunities in STEM-related fields and industries
- form relationships with peers and faculty that support their learning and curiosity in STEM-related classes through increased access out of the classroom
- be able to describe relationships between scientific inquiry and care for ourselves, our communities, and our world
Linked Residence Hall(s)
The STEM House is homed within Tingelstad Hall (4 wings). There are separate floors for First-Year and New Transfer/Returner students.
Linked Course for First Year Residents
Connected course(s): First-year STEM House residents will be enrolled in a linked PLUS 100: Transitions to PLU course connected with the STEM House .