Learning Community: Diversity, Justice, and Sustainability Learning Communities, including:
Who Lives Here: First Year Students, Transfer Students, Returning Students
Location: Upper Campus
Bathroom Facilities: Gender-Inclusive Facilities throughout the hall
Wing Configurations: Lavender Wing [Mixed Year Wing], Environmental and Social Justice Wing, Students of Color Wing, and First in the Family Wing [First Year Floor separate from Transfer/Returner Floor]
Welcome to Ordal!
Ordal was freshly renovated in 2015 and is a high demand hall both for the layout of the rooms and learning communities located within the hall
Ordal Hall is home to the Diversity, Justice, and Sustainability (DJS) Communities.
Within the DJS learning community, there are four sub communities, including:
Ordal Hall is located on upper campus, conveniently located next to Ingram Hall. Just a short walk away is the Hauge Administration building and Mary Baker Russell Music Center.
- Wifi available throughout the building
- Centralized laundry room
- Communal kitchens throughout the hall with microwave, stove/oven, and refrigerator
- Front desk (limited operating hours)
- Mail services will deliver envelopes and packages to the hall front desk for convenient pick up
- Students may check out cleaning (mops, vacuums, brooms) and cooking (pots/pans) supplies as needed
- Fireplace located in the main lounge
- Tap card access to resident rooms
- Large study lounges on each floor with floor to ceiling windows
Rooms will be set up in a double-occupancy configuration and come furnished with the following furniture
- Two twin-XL mattresses and bedframes
- Option to loft bed
- Two desks with chairs
- Two built in bookshelves
- Two dressers with shared vanity
- Two closets
- One trash and two recycle bins
Ordal Hall is comprised of double-occupancy rooms that are similar in size and layout across the building. A limited number of rooms have bay windows for lounging.
There is one unit designed for a single with private bathroom and kitchenette located in the Students of Color Wing. This room is reserved for students who apply through the Accessibility and Accommodation application. Students must be approved to live in the Students of Color learning community in order to be assigned to this community.