- Professor of Social Work
- Ph.D., Social Work, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1987
- M.A. (M.S.W.), Social Work, University of Chicago, 1976
- B.A., Hope College, Holland, MI, 1974
Areas of Emphasis or Expertise
- School Social Work
- Social Work with Children & Families
- Public Housing & Immigrant Communities
- Evaluation Research
- Keller, J., McKenney, R., Russell, K. & Zylstra, J.. "The power of place: University-community partnership in the development of an urban immersion semester in Sobania, N. W. (ed)." Putting the local in global education: Models for transformative learning through domestic off-campus programs 2015: Stylus Press.
- Keller, J., Stevens, C., Tashiro, C. & Laakso, J.. "Sustainability of ethnically diverse HOPE VI redevelopments: A community case study from the Pacific Northwest." Cityscape: A Journal of Policy Development and Research Vol. 15 (2), 2013: 29-46.
- Keller, J.. "Confronting stereotypes: Children and families in public housing, in Yeakey, C. C.." Living on the boundaries: Urban marginality in national and international contexts, Bingley, UK: Emerald Group Publishing, Ltd. 2012: 291-312.
- Keller, J., Laakso, J., Stevens, C, & Tashiro, C.. "The slippery slope of evaluation: Ethics, issues, & methodological challenges using the case study of a housing development, in Kalliola, S., Kettunen, P., Eskelinen, O. Kosonen, K., Rostila, I. & Leander, A. (eds)." Improvement by evaluation: Peer reviewed full papers of the 8th International Conference on Evaluation for Practice “Evaluation as a Tool for Research, Learning and Making Things Better 2012: 41-49, ISBN: 978-951-44-8859-7.
- Keller, J.. "Book review: ‘Politics of Home: Belonging and Nostalgia in Western Europe and the United States' by Jan Willem Duyvendak." Housing, Theory and Society Journal Vol. 29(4), 2012: 437-439. doi:10.1080/14036096.2012.672227.
- Keller, J.. "Experiences of public housing residents following relocation: Explorations of ambiguous loss, resiliency, and cross-generational perspectives." Journal of Poverty Vol. 15:2, 2011: 141-163. DOI: 10.1080/10875549.2011.563170.
- Russell, K. & Keller, J.. "The ethics marathon: a model for social work ethics instruction." Journal of Baccalaureate Social Work Vol. 16:1, 2011: 47-61.
- 2012 - IES Abroad Faculty Development Seminar, “Conflict Transformation in the 21st Century: Meeting the Other”
- 2011 - PLU Faculty Excellence Award for Advising
JoDee Keller is Professor of Social Work and Chair of the Social Work Department at Pacific Lutheran University. She earned her M.A. from School of Social Service Administration, University of Chicago, and her Ph.D. from Jane Addams College of Social Work, University of Illinois at Chicago, and has worked and consulted as a social worker primarily in public school settings. She teaches courses in direct social work practice and first year experience program, but also has taught short-term domestic and abroad off campus courses. Her current research interests are in the area of public housing and immigrant communities as well as program evaluation. Most recent publications focus on challenges and strengths of public housing residents, development of community in public and mixed housing developments, student learning and growth in study away experiences, and teaching strategies for social work.