International students who are qualified academically, financially, and in English proficiency are encouraged to join the university community. Application priority dates are May 1 for Fall Semester and December 1 for Spring Semester.
Credentials required are:
- A completed International Student Application with a nonrefundable U.S. $40.00 application fee for the paper application. The application fee will be waived for a student who applies online.
- School Records:
- Documentation of completion of secondary school. For incoming freshmen international students, official secondary school records are required.
- An official school record (transcript) with English translation from all colleges or universities attended in the United States, home country, or other country.
- Documentation of any English as a second language program attended.
- English Proficiency measured by one of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 550 (paper test format) 213 (computer-based), 79 (interest-based), or
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 6.5, or
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) with a minimum score of 56.
- Two quarters or one semester of college-level English writing with grades of B or higher.
- One academic reference from school officials or others in a position to evaluate the student’s ability to succeed in a baccalaureate program. In addition, transfer students from a U.S. college or university must have a reference from the international student advisor.
- A completed International Student Declaration of Finances
- Personal Essay on one of three topics listed on the application form.