- Endowed Chair of Lutheran Studies
- Ph.D., Philosophy of Religion and Theology, Claremont Graduate University, 2000
- M.A., Systematic Theology, Luther Northwestern Seminary, 1994
- B.A., Religion and English, St. Olaf College, 1989
- Cross Examinations: Readings on the Meaning of the Cross Today - Editor, (Fortress Press, 2006) : View Book
Marit Trelstad is Professor of Constructive and Lutheran Theology at Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma, Washington. Her scholarly work combines feminist, process and Lutheran theologies and has focused on Christology, theological anthropology, the doctrine of God, and science and religion (including economics, geoengineering and ecology). As a contributor and editor, she published Cross Examinations: Readings on the Meaning of the Cross Today (Fortress, 2006) and contributed to Transformative Lutheran Theologies (Fortress, 2010) and Lutherrenaissance: Past and Present (Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, 2015) along with several other journals and books.
Summer Theological Conference: Presentation Two - Dr. Marit Trelstad
Summer Theological Conference: Presentation Four - Dr. Marit Trelstad