South Hall Housing Application Process
We are excited for your interest in South Hall! South Hall is PLU’s only non-traditional, apartment type, housing option available to students. Limited married/domestic partner student housing is available in South Hall. For more information you can contact the Department of Residential Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-535-7200. Family housing is not currently an option at PLU.
South Hall applications for the 2020-21 academic year are due by 11:59pm (PST) on February 19, 2020. Applications received after that time will be considered in the order they are received and are not priority point eligible.
In order to live in South Hall students must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 20 years old or Junior standing by September 1st for academic year housing or February 1st for Spring housing
- Be in good standing with PLU Student Rights and Responsibilities
South Hall Application Process
- Review the South Hall Housing Guide.
- The South Hall Housing Guide is available online.
- Submit a Housing Application online:
- Upon completing your Housing Application, you will receive a copy of your submission via email. Save this email for your records.
- Applications received after the deadline will be considered in the date/time order they are received at the Department of Residential Life. NO Priority Points will count.
- Students applying for Married/Domestic Partnership housing should follow the steps above and then contact the Department of Residential Life for additional required forms at email@example.com or 253-535-7200.
South Hall Apartment Selection Timeline (2020-2021)
February 6th (5 pm – 7 pm) and 12th (11 am – 1 pm) – South Hall Tabling in AUC
February 16th (4 pm – 6 pm) and 18th (10 am – 11 am and 6 pm – 7 pm) – South Hall Open House in South Hall
February 19th (11:59 pm) – Applications Due
1st Week of March – South Hall Apartment Approval Notifications sent via PLU email
March 16th – South Hall Apartment Selection Event in South Hall Lobby. Students who cannot attend the event need to find a proxy, this proxy may be your future roommate or a friend. The proxy needs to attend the event at the students designated time and will need to bring the completed Proxy Form with them.
March through August – Wait Listed Students will be contacted as space becomes available via PLU email
April 1st (11:59 pm) – South Hall Fall Cancellation Deadline (rates variable)
Students who wish to cancel their South Hall Fall assignment must submit a housing cancellation form prior to this date or receive a fee