Frequently Asked Questions

If I am a transfer Student, how do I know which courses fulfill particular PLU requirements?

While the only guaranteed way to know is to get an official evaluation from the Office of the Registrar, you can view a transfer equivalency guide for all Washington state community colleges (and those in Portland).

How can I change my advisor?

A Change of Advisor form must be filled out and returned to the Center for Student Success, Library 124. You must receive the signature of your new advisor in order to change your advisor.  Change of Advisor Form

How do I declare my major?

Once you have decided upon a major, you’ll need to make an appointment with the faculty chair of the department.  The faculty chair is listed on the department web site. Once the faculty chair of the department completes an online form, you will be officially declared by the Office of the Registrar.

Once I declare my major, may I change it?

Yes. Changing to a new major is as simple as declaring a new major with the faculty chair of a department.  They can drop your previously declared major when they follow the same process as outlined above.  There is a question on the online form that asks if the major being declared is replacing a previously declared major.  Also, you may go to the Office of the Registrar web page to drop a major.

How do I take the Math Placement Evaluation?

Click here to take the Math Placement Evaluation.

How do I take the Language Placement Survey?

Click here to complete the Language Placement Survey.