Summer at Columbia University
Registration for Columbia Summer courses is now open at Columbia University. Explore the full range of multidisciplinary academic opportunities available at Columbia this summer across their two sessions: Session A (May 3–June 18) and Session B (June 28–August 16).
Columbia Summer is designed to meet a range of student interests and needs, including:
- to earn additional credits for degree requirements,
- take classes that couldn’t fit with earlier schedules,
- gain research and/or laboratory experience,
- learn a language,
- demonstrate a well-rounded and versatile course of study,
- develop transferable business skills such as finance, marketing and people management or
- explore options that might lead to a new professional or academic direction.
With more than 400 courses in 50 subject areas taught by senior faculty across the University, students have the flexibility to choose options that sustain their intellectual curiosity, keep them on track for graduation and prepare for post-graduate plans.
Subject areas include African-American Studies, Architecture, Biochemistry and Biology, Economics, Film, Mathematics, Human Rights and International Affairs, Journalism, Psychology, Slavic Languages and Literature, Spanish, Sustainable Development and many others. Additionally, Columbia Summer offers subject-specific programs and certifications, including:
- Arts in the Summer
- Certifications of Professional Achievement in United Nations Studies, Human Rights and International Relations
Throughout the summer, opportunities to explore the Columbia environment go beyond the classroom with our Summer Ideas Exchange, a series of thoughtful conversations between Columbia’s foremost faculty and prominent public figures and thought leaders.
With classes delivered through a combination of online and HyFlex instruction, Columbia Summer is open to admitted undergraduate and graduate students visiting from universities worldwide. For more information, please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and RSVP for an upcoming information session or course preview on their events calendar.