- Ph.D., Mathematics, University of Oregon, 1977
- M.S., Mathematics, University of Oregon, 1971
- B.S., Mathematics, Oregon State University, 1969
- B.S., Physics, Oregon State University, 1966
Areas of Emphasis or Expertise
- Mathematical Applications of Computers
- Dynamical Systems
- Undergraduate Education
- History of Mathematics and Science
- Eleventh Annual International Conference on Technology in Collegiate Mathematics: ICTCM-11, This conference covers all aspects of using technology in teaching college mathematics. I presented my paper,The Magic Calculator and The Sine Addition Formula (1998)
- "Delving Deeper: Chordic vs. CORDIC: How Calculators and Students Compute Sines and Cosines." Mathematics Teacher Vol. 106, issue 6, 2013:
- "Discovering Roots: Ancient, Medieval,and Serendipitous." The College Mathematics Journal 2005: 35-43.
- "More Meaning from the Geometric Mean." Mathematics Teacher Vol. 96, no.2, 2003: 142-146.
- "The Magic Calculator and The Sine Addition Formula." Electronic Proceedings of the Eleventh Annual International Conference on Technology in Collegiate Mathematics 1998: http://archives.math.utk.edu/ICTCM/EP-11.html.