Where Can I Get Help?
If you, or someone you know is experiencing depression or considering committing suicide, know that you are not alone. Below are some resources that are available.
On The Web:
Youth Suicide Prevention Program
Counseling Center – Anderson University Center, Suite 300
Campus Ministry – Anderson University Center, Room 190
Health Center – Corner of 121st Street South & Park Avenue
Center for Gender Equity – 801 121st Street South, Tacoma
ReliefLink (free download at the iTunes store)
- App includes mood tracking, reminders and safety plans.
- Location aware for finding the nearest hospitals and mental health treatment centers.
- Includes personalized coping mechanisms and assistance for finding therapists and support groups.
- App contains simple tools to help patients with coping, relaxation, distraction, and positive thinking.
- Provides positive activity planning, distraction tools, and interactive relaxation exercises including guided imagery, controlled breathing and muscle relaxation.
- Site contains list of many other apps that may be useful around the globe.