- Professor of Psychology
- Ph.D., Social Psychology, University of Windsor (Canada), 1977
- M.A., Psychology, University of Windsor, 1975
- B.Sc., Business Administration, Southwestern Minnesota State University, 1971
Areas of Emphasis or Expertise
- Statistics and Advanced Research Methods
- Consumer Psychology
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Psychology of Peace
- Alumni Achievement Award (Southwest Minnesota State University, 1992)
- Environmental Design Research Association (Second place, doctoral dissertation, 1979)
- Numerous Who's Who and Who's Who among Women in America nominations
Academic Liaison on the board of Peace and Justice Studies, as well as teaching Peace Psychology.
Faculty Director for joint PLU/Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber of Commerce Leadership program.
Passion for teaching statistics/research methods, where I approach the classroom as a dynamic social environment and continually strive to create a positive, active learning environment for my students.
Current research interests: (1) Cognitive complexity and openness to experience in relation to the liberal arts experience; (2) teaching and learning styles in relation to the challenges of teaching Millennials; and (3) changes in perceptions of cities over time