The Mast Editor-in-Chief
- Manage all newsroom, business and administrative operations for the newspaper.
- Update all documents, templates, libraries, etc. for the current year.
- Determine a specific publication schedule.
- Interview and hire staff positions and hold employees accountable for fulfilling job functions.
- Train and assist employees in journalism and writing skills, Adobe programs and AP Style.
- In conjunction with the General Manager of Mast TV, hold weekly staff meetings to review and assign content.
- At times, responsible for advertising revenue generation to support the media outlet.
- Serve as the communication hub with Student Life officials for administrative purposes.
- Maintain the online presence of the organization, including answering email and updating all social media sites consistently.
- Oversee, edit and submit the final product to the printer.
- Maintain an ethical newsroom.
- Oversee the Mobile App.
- Complete all semester reports.