Media Board Chairperson
- Preside at all board meetings and be the primary spokesperson for University Student Media Board (USMB).
- Abstain from voting except to break a tie vote and vote in hiring decisions.
- Call a board meeting whenever necessary, but at least once a month.
- Be responsible for accepting applications from candidates for media heads, Public Relations Director, and for coordinating the selection process.
- Be responsible for maintaining, in conjunction with the Secretary, USMB administrative files.
- Be responsible for coordinating a hearing in the case that a formal complaint is filed against student media, at the direction of the USMB advisor.
- Be responsible for providing training sessions and relevant materials to inform and train the new Chairperson.
Be a student enrolled at PLU full time (twelve credit hours or more) at the time of selection with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher. Be enrolled for a minimum of twelve semester hours and maintain a 2.5 grade point average or higher during tenure in office. Have demonstrated past ability to provide leadership and use sound judgment.