Media Board Secretary
- Record minutes of all meetings of USMB and make them available to all members at least two days prior to the next meeting.
- Be responsible for maintaining, in conjunction with the Chairperson, USMB administrative files.
- Serve as Acting Chairperson with full powers and duties in the absence of, or at the direction of, the Chairperson.
Duties to University Student Media Board (USMB)
- Enroll in and successfully complete the 4-credit course Communication 427: Media and Leadership for Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 semesters.
- Work closely with the outgoing general manager during the last month of the school year and attend PLU’s Student Leadership Institute (SLI) prior to Fall Semester of the upcoming school year. Submit proposals for budget and staffing to USMB and a proposal for staff organization.
- Administer all aspects of the media, including reporting, writing, layout design printing, advertising, photography, editorial decisions, circulation, production, videotaping, recording, and editing.
- Assume full responsibility for any material published or aired, and address any complaints filed against the media outlet.
- In conjunction with the advisor and University appropriate officials, prepare and issue requests for contractual bids for equipment and service.
- Be responsible for the accuracy, completeness, and overall quality of the media; and in conjunction with the advisor, review the appropriateness of material for publication/airing, including techniques used in gathering information.
- Ensure that the publication/production is properly equipped and that adequate space is provided for production.
- In conjunction with the advisor, maintain professional contact with journalistic organizations outside the campus and with members of printing trades, publishing firms, television productions, radio productions, and similar operations on other campuses. Meet regularly with the other media outlet heads to discuss content and promote cross-platform collaboration.
- Serve as a voting member of USMB.
Be a student enrolled at PLU full time (twelve credit hours or more) at the time of selection with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher. Be enrolled for a minimum of twelve semester hours and maintain a 2.5 grade point average or higher during tenure in office. Have demonstrated past ability to provide leadership and use sound judgment.