Transfer Out

| Resume a previously saved form
Resume Later

In order to be able to resume this form later, please enter your email and choose a password.

Transfer Out

Please make this request if you would like your SEVIS record to be transferred out to another U.S. educational institution.

Student Information

This number can be found at the top right corner on the first page of your I-20. It has 10 digits and starts with N000

New Institution Information

To Do

Confirmation of Acceptance: This request must accompany a written confirmation of your acceptance to a transferring institution. Please submit a copy of acceptance letter to International Student Center front desk (Harstad 112) or forward an acceptance email from the transferring institution's staff to

Notification of Withdrawal: Students who are currently enrolled (and not graduating nor completing non-degree program) are also required to submit Notification of Student Withdrawal form to the Office of The Registrar (Admin 130).

Exit Survey: In addition, currently enrolled (and not graduating nor completing non-degree program) students are asked to complete a online ISS Exit Survey

Transfer In Form: The new institution will ask you to submit a transfer in (transfer eligibility) form. ISS can assist you with the form. Please drop it off to International Student Center front desk (Harstad 112).


Important Note

OPT Students: If you are currently engaged with a Post-Completion Optional Practical Training, please note that OPT authorization will end immediately upon a SEVIS record transfer.

Grace Period: If your program end date or OPT expiration has reached or nearing, please note that your new institution must accept your SEVIS record and issue you a transfer pending I-20 before your grace period expires. 

New Program Start Date: Upon your SEVIS record transfer, you must begin a new program of study at the earliest possible date or within 5 months.

International Travel: If you have upcoming international travel plans, you must present the transfer pending I-20 from the new institution upon seeking re-admission to U.S.

Applying for F-1 Student Visa: If you are already or going to be outside of the U.S. and will have an expired visa by the time you plan to return to the U.S., please be sure to apply for visa renewal using the transfer pending I-20 from the new institution.

Request Submission

By clicking "submit" below, I will or have already done items on the "To Do" list above. ISS will email you to confirm the transfer out date. Upon SEVIS record transfer, ISS will email the transfer confirmation to you and to the new institution's contact person.

Need assistance with this form?