One of the unique aspects of life at PLU is the opportunity to join the University Scholars Association — known to most as the “University House.” Members enjoy a common place to gather for lunch (BYO or have it delivered through the University dining services), monthly lunch speakers, special events, and regular Friday night social hours. Our main purpose is to let collegiality grow among faculty and staff and strengthen the sense of community at PLU.
Here are some of the benefits available to our members:
- Daily lunch service: One of the unique aspect of life at PLU is the opportunity to join the University Scholars Association – known to most as the “University House”. Members enjoy a common place to gather for lunch (bring your own or have it delivered through the University dining services).
- Lunch Program: Once a week during the fall and spring semesters there is a 30-minute lunch presentation. People are invited to speak about their office or department, their own research, a recent trip, or even a hobby. If you’re interested in hosting a Lunch Program contact Jessica Schwinck, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Daily quiet space: The house remains open during the day for members to drop in and have a cup of coffee or tea and relax, read, or talk. There are several meeting areas that can be scheduled as well. The house is wifi equipped.
- Friday Social Hours from 5 – 7 p.m. You can enjoy one of our two microbres on tap, a glass of wine, a mixed drink, or a soft drinks — and lots of popcorn!
- Special events: We host three (no charge) events each year (opening BBQ in September, Holiday brunch in December, and closing BBQ in May). We also have special Friday Social Hours like wine tasting and hot buttered rum themed nights!
Live Music. If you would like to play a night at the University House, or if you know someone who would, let us know!
We’re looking forward to seeing you at the UHouse this year!
Feel free to contact any of the Board Members with any concerns or questions. As we develop our website, please let us know what you may be interested in seeing published on the site.
We are still in the process of developing the site. If you have any ideas or suggestions for us, please contact:
Jeankie Aczon at email@example.com.