Kyoungnam Catherine Ha, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Marketing, Foster School of Business, University of Washington, 2012
- M.E., Industrial and Systems Engineering, Texas A&M University, 2006
- M.S., Industrial Engineering, Seoul National University, 2004
- B.S, Industrial Engineering, Seoul National University, 2002
Areas of Emphasis or Expertise
- Marketing Finance Interface
- Marketing Analytics
- Customer Relationship Management
- American Marketing Association
Dr. Kyoungnam Catherine Ha earned a Ph.D. in Marketing, University of Washington. She is Assistant Professor of Marketing and teaches undergraduate, graduate, and executive MBA programs. Her research focuses on two primary areas (1) marketing-finance interface and (2) customer relationship management (CRM) using big data. As regards the first research area, the main focus is on the role of market based intangible assets, i.e., brand equity, in influencing firm value and the role of strategic activities in brand and firm value creation. Regarding the CRM topic, she introduces a data mining approach to improve the predictability of future customer responses to marketing activities such as mailings and other forms of direct marketing promotions. Her paper is published in the Journal of Interactive Marketing, Journal of Advertising Research, and European Journal of Marketing. Dr. Ha works on faculty-student research project with a company in Washington. Her publications and intellectual contributions are used for teaching and research project with students.