Lab Tech Training Internship Program
This internship opportunity will provide job training for students interested in pursuing biomedical research after graduation. Labs in the Vaccines and Infectious Diseases Division at Fred Hutch (e.g. Lund Lab, HVTN, McElrath Lab, Schiffer Lab) are seeking PLU, SPU, Seattle U and local undergraduate military veterans for this nine week internship program.
Interns will work with lab staff members to obtain skill sets that will set them apart from peers when applying for research jobs in the future. At the end of the summer, students will give presentations detailing their findings. Interns will also have the opportunity to attend several seminars and presentations from Fred Hutch employees to get an inside look into various career paths available to graduates.
April 21, 2017
Monday, June 5 through Friday, August 7, 2017 (Start and end dates are flexible on a case by case basis)
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must attend PLU, SPU, Seattle U or be a military veteran attending any local university
- Entering junior or senior year in Fall 2017
- Pursuing a degree with a concentration in Biology, Biochemistry, or Chemistry. There is one position available for a math, physics or engineering student.
- Minimum of two wet lab courses with emphasis on pipetting, PCR, sterile technique, good lab notebook practices and proficient in MS office
- Two recommendation letters from science professors that can attest to your lab skills
- Comfortable working with Bio hazardous materials: HIV, HSV, FLU and bacteria.