ORNL Post-Bachelor’s Research Associate Opportunity
Now accepting applications!
ORNL Radioisotope Production Post-Bachelor’s Research Associate
Purist, a startup company and part of the Innovation Crossroads Program at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), is focused on developing a technology that can be implemented in small-scale, underutilized research nuclear reactors for on-demand production of high-purity medical radioisotopes. Purist is seeking candidates for a Post-Bachelor’s Research Associate to support this project. The successful candidate will conduct experiments to design, fabricate, and characterize targets for radioisotope production. The candidate will actively contribute to the optimization of the radioisotope production system through design and engineering efforts.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Target design based on transition metals and lanthanides.
- Target synthesis and fabrication, including thin films and nanowires.
- Target characterization using techniques including: SEM, TEM, EDS, and ICP-MS.
- Designing and executing experiments to optimize unit process steps, device structures, process integration, and automation of the isotope production technology.
- Analyses and interpreting of experimental data and development of predictive computer models.
Candidates should currently be pursuing or recently have completed a bachelor’s degree in chemistry, physics, materials science, chemical engineering, or other relevant engineering fields. Strong desire for candidates to currently be enrolled in a master’s program or pursuing continuing education. Preference will be given to those who have experience in nuclear science and/or electrochemical science, inorganic and lanthanide chemistry and/or polymer-based chemistry.
For more Post-Bachelor’s Research Associate opportunities, visit their website.