Graduate Center PhD Program in Biochemistry
- PhD students take classes at the Graduate Center building diagonally across the Empire State Building in their first year and then join a research lab at one of the 8 senior campuses of CUNY that are located throughout the 5 boroughs of NYC for their thesis research.
- Students are mentored by world-class researchers and enjoy access to state of the art facilities and instrumentation at the campuses and in central and collaborative research buildings such as the Advanced Science Research Center or at the Belfer Building that is jointly operated with Weill-Cornell Medical Center.
- Students receive a guaranteed 5-year, $30,000 per year Science Scholarship, full tuition waiver, and other benefits (health insurance, parental accommodation).
- Additional fellowship opportunities for students from underrepresented minority backgrounds,
- The deadline for admissions is January 1, 2022, and GRE scores are optional.
- An information event (Ph.D. Natural Sciences App Boot Camp Flyer 11.18.21) will be held on November 18 at 12 pm EST (register here). During this event, prospective applicants will be able to learn more about the application process and the bench science PhD programs (Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry and Physics) as well as obtain general advice on preparing a competitive application.
- Representatives from our faculty listed in the table below would be happy to speak at your club meeting about their research and our PhD program, please feel free to contact any of them if you would like to host them for a talk.