Qualifications for service as a Representative:
- A deep concern for spiritual and educational values.
- A concern for the well-being of the entire institution.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, the preservation of an independent, church related university.
- A willingness and ability to speak or communicate in a positive way on behalf of the university.
- A willingness and ability to attend the annual corporation meeting.
Representative Job Description:
- Attend the Annual Meeting of the Members of the Corporation held every September on the PLU campus.
- Represent the church to PLU and PLU to the church, serving as an advocate for the university at the cluster/conference and synod level.
- Serve as an ambassador for PLU by telling the PLU story to area ELCA congregations (e.g., PLU Sunday).
- Assist in the recruitment of students from our Lutheran congregations, use the Lute Recruit form to let us know about students.
- Help educate congregations about financial support available to upcoming confirmands who attend PLU.
- Help promote PLU events in your local area, and when possible provide assistance.
- Be a “sounding board” for PLU to share ideas and concerns with the PLU Office of Congregational Outreach and Engagement regarding how PLU can maintain strong partnerships with Lutheran congregations in the Pacific Northwest.
- Offer prayer and financial support for the university.
Suggestions for Involvement:
- Contact the admission counselor that connects with your area churches and high schools.
- Attend events at the PLU campus or in your local area this year.
- Check out the PLU website and the Congregation Outreach and Engagement website and offer suggestions and ideas!
- Sponsor a PLU event or PLU Sunday at your congregation or in your local area.
- Ask yourself “What am I going to do personally to promote Pacific Lutheran University this year?”
- Continue to pray for students, administration, faculty and staff of PLU!
You Can Help Recruit Future Lutes
Help us spread the word by contacting your pastor and/or congregations in your cluster about the Confirmation Scholarship.
Please note that any youth interested in the confirmation scholarship must apply by graduation of their senior year in high school.