Title IX Coordinator
The Title IX Coordinator’s responsibilities include:
- Providing information and assistance to those who wish to raise a complaint or have concerns relating to the University’s compliance with Title IX
- Ensuring that the University is in compliance with Title IX, including responding effectively to each complaint
- Providing assistance and support to University programs responsible for responding to and investigating complaints
- Identifying and addressing any patterns or systemic issues relating to Title IX compliance
- Facilitating University-wide training and outreach
- Where appropriate, responding to or conducting an investigation of complaints
- Participating in and providing support for committees and other programs dedicated to Title IX compliance
The Title IX Coordinator will also be available to meet individually with complainants, help provide resolution to complaints and give any additional information and guidance.
When Should I Contact the Title IX Coordinator?
Any student, faculty, or staff member who feels they have been a victim of any sex discrimination or sexual misconduct should contact the Title IX Coordinator. Also, any third party observer of sex discrimination is advised to report and contact the Title IX Coordinator.
All conversations and information discussed with the Title IX coordinator will be kept as confidential as possible. Any information regarding sexual misconduct will be reported to relevant administrators for proper action to occur. However, all wishes for confidentiality will be taken into consideration.