Apply through PLU Student Employment

All positions are hired through the Student Employment website, you will need to apply there. You need to be 18 or older to work for Catering Services. Click Here to be directed to the Student Employment hiring page to see which, if any, positions are currently available for hire. Not all positions are listed at all times—there are certain times of the year when we are not hiring. If you don’t see something there to apply for, please contact our main office at 253-535-7472.

Food Worker Card Required

Before you may begin working, you’ll need to obtain a Food Worker Card—you will not be allowed to work until you turn in your card. Take the test online at the Pierce County Health Department website — have a credit card ready to pay your $10. If you want to attend a class in person, the information is also available on the Pierce County Health Department website.

International Students

BEFORE you work for us, you need to have an authorization letter to apply for a Social Security number from International Student Services. To do that, you need to

  1. Apply for a Dining & Culinary Services job through the Student Employment website.
  2. Download the Social Security Number Request Letter.
  3. Bring the letter to the Catering office in the Anderson University Center to have the manager sign it.
  4. Follow the Steps 2-4 on page 2 of the Social Security Number Request Letter.