High School Chemistry Teacher at Seattle Christian School
Seattle Christian School is inviting qualified candidates to apply for the position of HS Chemistry Teacher for the 2022-23 school year.
- Possess or be able to acquire a valid Washington State teaching certificate and ACSI certificate
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in education, a specific content area, or related field
- Demonstrate successful teaching experience relevant to the teaching role being applied for
- Have a collaborative approach with administrators, faculty, staff, students, and parents
- Communicate and operate with integrity, excellence, and effectiveness, both verbal and written
Purpose: Centers on high expectations for student growth and achievement, provides clear and intentional focus on standards, competencies, content, and curriculum, and clearly articulates what success looks like and the “why” behind what students are learning.
Student Engagement: Equips students in their faith and thinking, promotes student ownership of learning, capitalizes on the backgrounds and stories of each student, facilitates meaningful learning experiences, and generates rich student dialogue.
Curriculum & Pedagogy: Demonstrates effective teaching practices, recognizes individual student abilities and needs, develops strategies to come alongside each student, and creates relevant and tailored learning opportunities, all through a biblical worldview.
Assessment for Student Learning: Uses multiple approaches in the assessment of and for student learning, promotes student self-reflection, and modifies instruction and support accordingly with intentionality around the data collected.
Classroom Environment & Culture: Creates a safe, positive, Jesus-centered learning environment where students are known, valued, and celebrated, and where learning time is consistently maximized so that each student can develop a learning posture, growing in both heart and skill.
Professional Collaboration & Communication: Collaborates and engages effectively with peers, administration, and families in a manner that promotes clarity, unity, honor, partnership, and learning for all students.
To apply for a teacher position please access the Teacher Application on the website and submit to Janel Greig. For a complete job description, click this link.